阅读短文根据首字母填空Henry was a kind, good boy. His father was d...

信息发布者:Sarah789
Henry was a kind, good boy. His father was dead, and his mother was very poor. He had a little sister about 2 years old. He wanted to help his mother because she could not a___1____ earn(挣) enough money to buy food for his little family.
One day a man gave him a dollar for r___2___ the pocketbook which he had lost. Henry could have kept the pocketbook because no one saw him when he found it. But his mother had taught him to be h___3___ , and never to keep what did not belong to him. So he gave the pocetbook back to the man.
With the dollar he bought a box, three b___4____ and some shoe polish (鞋油), he then went to the c___5____ of the street, and said to everyone whose boots did not look n___6___. "Polish your boots, please?"
He was so p___7___ that gentlemen soon began to notice him, and to let him polish their boots. The first day he c___8____ over 50 cents, which he gave to his mother to buy food with. When he gave her the money, she cried with joy and said,"You are a d___9___ , good boy, Henry. I didn't know how I could earn enough to buy bread, but now I think we can m___10____ to get along quite well."
Henry worked after school every day. He earned almost enough to support his mother and his little sister.

keys:
1. always
2. returning
3. honest
4. brushes
5. corner
6. nice
7. polite
8. collected
9. dear
10. manange

本页答案点评